20a&21 Brownlow Mews, Bloomsbury | WC1
6,606 sq ft
21-20A Brownlow Mews is situated in the Bloomsbury Conservation Area. The building forms part of the end terrace on a quiet a mews street, parallel to neighbouring Grays Inn Road.
This planning application is for some minor alterations and upgrades to an existing building currently being used as offices. The proposal comprises:
- Replacing an existing door on the front elevation with a new window.
- Relocating the existing door further along the same front elevation.
- Replacing an existing rear elevation access door at first floor level.
- Replacing the existing pitched roof with a new pitched roof to match existing, all in slate tiles to better suit surrounding area.
- Raising the ridge to the pitched roof and the parapets to the North-East and North-West elevations by 150mm in order to accommodate a new layer of insulation.
- Adding a new plant enclosure to the first floor flat roof on the rear elevation.
Works due to complete Christmas ’20
- Refurbishment by Stiff & Trevellion
- David Chipperfield relics throughout including feature staircase
- Mews property
- Creative look and feel with industrial aesthetic
- Good ceiling heights with double heights in part
- Excellent natural light
- Open roof truss exposed original timber beams
|1st Floor||2,744 sq ft|
|Ground Floor||3,862 sq ft|
|Total||6,606 sq ft|